Monday, September 6, 2010

Owned (3): An Addictive Faith

"Owned" is a series looking at how faith in Jesus has changed peoples lives. These are real testimonies to the power of God!



Brian Welch, better known as Head, is an American musician and former lead guitarist and co-founder of the metal band Korn. Welch helped patent Korn's distinctive sound. He left the band in 2005 after accepting Jesus as his Lord and Saviour and focusing on life as a father, and to pursue his own solo career.
“On February 22, 2005, Korn's management announced that after almost 12 years, Welch had parted ways with the band, citing that he had "...chosen the Lord Jesus Christ as his saviour, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end." "He reached the heights of fame with the metal band, Korn. Brian Welch tells why he left, how he came to Christ, and how God broke his crippling drug addiction."
In an '09 radio interview with The Full Armor of God Broadcast, Brian explained "I was walking one day, just doing my Rock & Roll thing making millions of bucks, you know success and everything, addicted to drugs and than the next day I had Revelation of Christ and I was like, everything changes right now!" On March 10, 2005, Welch was baptized in the Jordan River with a group of believers hailing from Bakersfield, California. He has declared that he has rid himself of all drugs in his "own personal rehab" with God, in which he had checked into a hotel room and sat in his bed for hours.
For more information, please see Wikipedia’s page on Brian Welch (which this article derives its information from) and the song that was influenced by Brian’s repentance in Jesus called Flush. Brian Welch’s video was taken from the I am Second website.

I guess, what you need to do is consider what are the things that are holding you back from turning to Jesus? The bible is emphatic in pointing out that God wants us to see him not as a hard task master but rather a loving Father who is at work in the world rescuing his children from death and sin. I want to leave you wit this message from Isaiah 12:
You will say in that day: "I will give thanks to you, O LORD, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me.
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day: "Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.
"Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."

No comments: