Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Resource Review: A Spectators Guide to World Views

Simon Smart has put together a great book that addresses the differing views influencing our culture today. I strongly recommend this book to those who have questions about what influences our views on the way the world works. Great for those who are Christian and those who are not.

Why do I think the way I think? How do I make sense of a world that would have me believe that all truth is relative; or that people are basically good, or that as humans we can work it out on our own? Can I really just look within myself to find the strength to carry on? Where do I find hope, meaning and purpose?

This lively, accessible 'spectator's guide' highlights society's most influential voices - including New Age, Secular Humanism, Relativism and Postmodernism. Readers will be rewarded with a way to process the complex messages of our 21st century world, and how these relate to a Christian worldview.

254 pages
Price: Approx. $24.95

No comments: