Thursday, August 5, 2010

Prayer: Connor Finemore

For the past two weeks, the Community Group my wife and I attend have been studying Paul’s amazing letter to the Philippians. In this letter, by the Holy Spirit, Paul writes:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God (Philippians 4:6)

This has inspired me to encourage everyone who reads this blog to commit themselves to praying for certain things in your life and the needs in other people lives. In the passage above, Paul was encouraging the Philippian church to talk to God about their struggles and I now press this on your heart, why not take your burdens to Jesus, who loves us and listens to our every request. So why not I kick this off! Get pumped!

My little brother Connor was diagnosed with lymphoma about eight months ago. By God’s grace and healing hand, he is doing remarkably well. Unfortunately, he has been a little ill over the past couple of days. Due to the chemo treatment, his immune system is low causing his resistance to infection and sickness quite impaired. Please pray for Connor as he works to overcome the physical difficulties that come with this terrible illness.

My hope is for Connor to share his testimony with you in the latest “Owned” series when he regains his strength. It is a great testimony to the power of God- I won’t spoil it! Additionally, his rapid recovery I attribute to the power of prayer.

If you have a prayer request to share with the reading community, either post a comment to this article or email me at vintagejc@hotmail.com and i’ll post your prayer request as soon as possible. The aim is for you to pray for others while also requesting prayer for any of your needs.

I will leave you with the words of our God Jesus from Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

No comments: