Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Prayer: Peter Butler

Prayer is a loving way Christians can care for each other. Jesus, our great God, calls for those who trust him to offer prayers to him. He can respond to our prayers by saying “yes”, “no” or “soon” (Philippians 4:6; Matthew 11:28). We are also encouraged the Jesus is work in the world for the good of his people, no matter how grim the situation may seem (Romans 8:28).

It has come to my attention that my dear brother in Christ, Peter Butler, is experiencing some hardship in his life. Peter has recently undergone a triple bypass. I ask that we join in prayer and ask God to work in this situation. Peter has emailed me some information for us to pray about:
I first noticed it about 6 months ago, with a pain in the shoulder. A friend said it was heart related, so made an appointment through my GP with a cardiologist, who gave me a stress test, and diagnosed angina. He said I'd need an Angiogram, and booked me in at Liverpool Hospital, on 22nd Feb (just after my 64th birthday). The results showed the 2 major arteries were blocked, one at 70% and the other at 65%, and I'd need a quadriple heart bypass, so they kept me in hospital for a week.

There were several miracles on the way, including that they picked it up straight away - before I had a heart attack, which could have happened at any time - and they were able to do the operation on a Saturday, which is usually reserved for private patients, which I'm not. I was in hospital for a week then released, but a few days later had to be re-admitted, with severe hiccups (a result of the procedure which deflates your lung - they put you on a heart/lung machine during the procedure), blood contamination and liver malfunction, so I had to go on an anti-biotic drip. A week later I was released again.

I've been improving very well since, to the extent that I've been able to go out with friends (I can't drive for 6 weeks) for a coffee and picnic at George's River, which has done me the world of good. On top of all this, I have to vacate the house I've been renting for 9 years next weekend (26th), so I'm having a working bee and garage sale, if anyone can help! I'm on the public housing waiting list, which they're trying to push through, and in the meantime I'm staying with a friend. I've got a lot of good friends helping me and praying, for which I'm grateful.

Thanks, Peter Butler
If you would like to get in contact with Peter, please email me at vintagejc@hotmail.com.

No comments: