Saturday, June 26, 2010

Religion vs Gospel (1): It Stinks

I’ll be honest with you, growing up I wouldn’t have considered myself a religious person. My lifestyle and beliefs have changed greatly, but to be honest, still to this day, I consider myself a non religious type. I believe in one God – Jesus Christ, I visit my extended family a couple of times a week (church), I love talking to God (prayer) and I love to read about the history of my God, his world and my extended family (the bible). I call myself a little Jesus; this is what Christian means (Christianos in Greek means little Jesus) because if someone saved you from death, won’t he be your hero?

This is what a Christian is! We Christians should not religious people; those who are miss the point. Watch this video and then you will understand why I say RELIGION STINKS.



If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations-- "Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch" (referring to things that all perish as they are used)--according to human precepts and teachings? These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh (Colossians 2:20-23).

What is your view of Jesus? Is he your hero?

No comments: